Sunday, February 13, 2011

Short Sale - Week 13

This is Part 13 of an on-going series documenting my most recent experience attempting to use Bank of America's Equator system to complete a short sale. You can find earlier posts in this series at:

Short Sale - Week 1

Short Sale - Week 2

Short Sale - Week 3

Short Sale - Week 4

Short Sale - Week 5

Short Sale - Week 6

Short Sale - Week 7

Short Sale - Week 8

Short Sale - Week 9

Short Sale - Week 10

Short Sale - Week 11

Short Sale - Week 12

February 10, 2011

  • I contact my escrow officer to confirm that all is set for closing next week. Per Equator, I have to submit a closing statement just prior to close. I ask escrow to prepare the final update so I can submit it on Monday

Analysis - Days 84 - 90:

The buyer is still very concerned that something will go wrong at the last moment. He's worried that the bank won't allow the closing. He's worried that the seller won't be out of the property in time for the closing. He's worried that the home will be left in poor condition. After three months of uncertainty, I can understand his concerns and spend much of the week trying to reassure him.

Hint:

Don't ignore your clients' emotional needs. Be sure to keep communicating, even if it's just to let them know everything is still on track.

No comments: